- Project Title:
- Improvement of Power Supply to Kabul Power
- Grant Amount:
- Approval Date:
- December 10, 2003
- Closing Date:
- March 31, 2009
The objective of the Power Supply to Kabul project was to improve power supply for Kabul in order to improve the living conditions and security situation and support the economic recovery.
The Projects achievements were realized through 3 components i) the rehabilitation of two (out of three) units of 22 MW each at the Mahipur power station (Mahipur HPP); ii) the rehabilitation of the nonfunctional transmission line between Sarobi and Breshna Kot Substation; and iii) the rehabilitation of the main public lighting system in Kabul by providing new equipment and installations.
- 48 MW of additional power supply capacity available for Kabul during the winter;
- Rehabilitation of two units (Unit 3 and Unit 2) of 22 MW each at the Mahipar power station;
- All Co-financing the rehabilitation of the nonfunctional transmission line 110 kV (65.7 km) between Sarobi and Breshna Kot sub-station;
- Rehabilitation of the main public lighting system in Kabul